Friday 29 March 2013

My absolute favourite hair saviours ♥

Through the years my hair has played victim to a fair amount of abuse.
My hair is naturally thick, curly, friztastic and quite unruly so as you can Imagine I have been the straightening irons number one fan from a young age.
I had always been very lucky with my hair it was always long, thick and in fairly good condition except a few spilt ends here and there.
My natural hair colour is a dark golden blonde and when I was about 19 I decided I wanted platinum blonde hair, surprisingly my hair took quite well to the change it carried on growing and remained thick and healthy.
A few years on I grew tired of the constant upkeep 'Barbie blonde hair' needs so I asked my hairdresser to take my hair back to its natural colour, I loved it at first and then a few months on I started to feel boring and surprise surprise I wanted the Barbie locks back again (uhhh ohhh).
Off to the hairdressers I went, as soon as those foils came out so did half of my hair!!! I was heartbroken, it continued to snap off for weeks after, I had gone from my hair resting just above my rib cage to it being above my shoulders and SO thin :( I cried for weeks, I also had horrible short little tufts sticking up left right and centre, it was a disaster!!
I tried all your typical drug store hair repair products but nothing seemed to help my 'beyond help hair', however with LOTS of online research these are the products I found which I can safely say saved my hair!

REDKEN EXTREME ANTI-SNAP 250ML £14.30:
Anti-snap provides heat protection, reduces friction from brushing and helps prevent breakage and spilt ends. It helps restore the lipid layer of protection and resurfaces the cuticle.
You apply Anti-Snap to the fragile and damaged areas of the hair, I personally work it all through my hair and then apply extra to the more damaged areas for example the hair that frames my face.

REDKEN EXTREME STRENGTH BUILDER FORTIFYING MASK, 250ML £17.65:
I use this as a weekly intensive treatment, after i have shampooed my hair i apply this to towel dried hair and leave it for 15 minutes and rinse, you must follow with a conditioner as it may leave your hair feeling a little brittle if you don't.
I love the results this gives my hair it always looks healthy and full of shine :)
 
REDKEN EXTREME CAT PROTEIN RECONSTRUCTING TREATMENT 150ML £14.30
If your hair is very damaged Redken recommend you use this up to 3 times a week its really convenient to use as once I have shampooed my hair I just squeeze out the excess water out and spray CAT all over i normally do a good 10 sprays and massage it in. I leave it for 3-5 minutes (recommended time) and then rinse and follow with a conditioner. This product adds intense reinforcement and you can really see a difference after just one use, this really is a 5* product if you were going to try one i would recommend this one, the only downside is you use it up quite quickly.
 
KERASTASE RESISTANCE CIMENT THERMIQUE HEAT ACTIVATED RECONSTRUCTOR MILK 125ML £15.12:
This product is really clever as it is activated by heat so therefore it will carry on working even after up to 2 washes although i use it every time i wash my hair. It protects hair from the stress of heat styling and adds visible shine, it can be layered with any other styling products you use (i use quite a few lol) I apply a blob to this on towel dried hair comb through and style as usual :)
 
COCONUT OIL FROM HOLLAND AND BARRETT 453G £14.99: This really is a little gem of a product and its all natural so no hidden nasties what so ever!! I use it as an intensive treatment about twice a month i should probably use it more but its quite time consuming. I apply to dry hair and really cake it on, the product melts really fast in your hand or you can melt a chunk in the microwave and then apply it as a hot oil. I put it in early evening and leave it on for about 5 hours you can leave it on over night also. Every time i use this i always get a hair complement, it completely eliminates frizz and leaves hair super soft and shiny!! I also use this as a body moisturiser it works a treat and leaves skin so soft for days :)
 
 
Okay so those were my 5 little miracle products i know they are a little on the pricey side but they really are worth it!!
 
MY HAIR ROUTINE:
Shampoo hair
Apply Redken CAT
Leave for 5 mins and rinse
Condition hair
Towel dry hair
Apply Kerastase heat activated reconstructor milk
Comb through
Apply Redken Anti-Snap
Style as usual
:)
 
Thank you for taking the time to read my post I really hope this has helped please feel free to comment with questions or advice on any other products. Have you had the same problem as me if so what products did you use???
 I read and reply to all my comments :)
 
Lastly just so you know I'm not exaggerating here is a before and after picture of me, in the 'after' photo I had had my hair trimmed so it was all one length after it all snapped off but it gives you an idea of the amount of length I lost :(
 
I purchase all my products from: www.feelunique.com
 
Tiffany xXx
 
 
 








 













 









7 comments :

  1. Redken has loads of great products for dry hair, I also use a couple of things from Joico K-pak range which are brilliant!
    Great post, now following :)
    Nicole
    xox

    http://ramblingbeauty-nicolelou.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do dont they! I also love the all soft range by redken!! Ooh thanks il look those up online! Oh thanks hun!! :) following you back!! Xx

      Delete
  2. oh my god, i can't imagine what i'd do if that happened my hair </3 have to say , i think the short do' really suits you (: haven't tried any of these products myself but i'm keen to try the kerastase one now.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it really was the worst thing!! I just wanted to cry all the time! Awww thank you thats really sweet! Yes deffs give it a try :) it really is good!! XxxX

      Delete
  3. It's so horrible when you have a hair disaster like that. I've had a fair few myself and I'm just starting to try and look after my hair a bit better so I will have to give these products a try :) x

    http://www.beautyboxuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is :( yeah you really should they really are good products and have helped my hair soooo much!! XxxX

      Delete
  4. I loved this post! Do you ever keep your hair natural and curly? I'm your newest follower on bloglovin :) I hope you can check out my blog!
    http://dharapatelio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete